Interlude: Spying on your Spotify, Again
- Erik M -- The Kinks, This Time Tomorrow. Erik has been listening to the Kinks all morning, a fine Sunday morning selection indeed. "This Time Tomorrow" is just about my favorite Kinks song ever, woohoo!
- Russ W -- Pretty Lights, Rainbows & Waterfalls. I don't know what this is. I recognize some of the samples from Girl Talk mashups.
- Mike S -- Gazm, Space Truckin'. Sounds like Tom Petty and Henry Rollins hooked up with the Black Eyed Peas and tried to create a weird-ass Southern boogie party song.
- Kent S -- Warren Zevon, Steady Rain. Damn. I really like Warren Zevon. I don't know why I don't listen to him more often. I probably should.
- Josh F -- Talking Heads, This Must Be The Place. I raised this boy well.
- Mark F -- Dire Straits, Tunnel of Love. Mark and I grew up together. There is not a single political position we have in common. Yet somehow we ended up with exactly the same record collection. Weird. (The first few Dire Straits albums are sort of a guilty pleasure of mine, sorry.)
- Nat B -- Foxygen, San Francisco. Mixed feelings about these guys; I like this album, as well as Warm, which managed to balance out the clever tunesmanship with some oddball kitsch, but not as keen on the new wave turn they took on the latest release.