Interlude: It's Sunday, So I'm Spying On Yer Spotify Again
- Ann S -- The Smiths, There Is A Light That Never Goes Out: I have mixed feelings on the Smiths. I love the sound of Marr's guitars, and the overall vibe of the band, and you can't deny Morrissey's clever turn of a phrase. But I also find a little Smiths goes a long way. I made a single-cdr mix of all their best songs and it's pretty much all I need. Plus Morrissey is apparently something of a racist psycho these days.
- Rob S -- Britney Spears, Stronger: I probably shouldn't ask. Oh, fuck, now this is stuck in my head.
- Ilene L -- Bruce Springsteen, Wrecking Ball. Yep. Definitely one of his strongest late-period songs.
- Ion M -- Bubblegum Lemonade, She Only Smiles For You. Funny, I was just checking this album out earlier this week. The band sounds exactly like their name suggests, charming soft bubblegum pop; I couldn't get into the album, but this song is lovely. Maybe I need to give them another shot.
- Cliff N -- Juke Ross, Burned By The Love. I don't know who this is. Nice enough, though it sounds like it was written for an iPhone or Volkswagen commercial.
- Kent S -- Miracle Legion, All For The Best. This is one of my favorite songs ever.
Here's a video for that Miracle Legion song, 'cuz damn, I love this song.