Monday Interlude: Spying On Your Spotify
- Erik M: The Clientele, "My Own Face Inside The Trees": Never heard these guys before. Decent enough indie pop. May have to check them out later.
- Marc S: Lady Antebellum, "Need You Now": Can't say I'm a big fan of mainstream country pop, but some nice vocals here.
- Mike S: The Lovely Eggs, "I'm With You": Noisy and weird punk-pop, I guess. This is kinda fun, not sure I'd make it through the whole album, though.
- Nat B: Jerry Garcia Band, "Tangled Up In Blue": From the new Electric on the Eel live archive release. I've been listening to that as well, it's great.
- Kent S: Hurray For The Riff Raff, "Life to Save": Some nice and easy Americana. This is quite pleasant. I like the singer, will have to check out some more of her work.
- Russ W: Son Volt, "While Rome Burns": From the new album Union, which I really like so far.
- Sarah N: The Lumineers, "This Must Be The Place." This is one of my favorite Talking Heads songs. A number of bands do some decent covers; this is not one of them. What did David Byrne do to these guys to piss them off? Yuck.
- Steve M: The String Cheese Incident, "Late In The Evening." Another cover. I'm ok with the SCI, a decent enough jam band (except maybe the bluegrass stuff). A fun, bouncy take on the Paul Simon tune.